Some particulars of ENFP's at their BEST:
- Responding appreciatively to different viewpoints.
- Striving for diversity and fostering cooperation and fun.
- Providing creativity and warmth.
- Democratically soliciting everyone's opinions and negotiating differences.
- Acting as a spokesperson for new ideas that relate to people.
- Joyfully embracing the novel and untried.
- Supplying energy to initiate a new course of action.
- Seeing the need to include people in the decision-making process.
- Injecting fun and spontaneity.
And at their WORST, ENFP's:
- Talk too much or randomly interject ideas.
- Persuade others to follow a plan without a thorough investigation of facts and specifics.
- Are too flighty, flitting from cause to cause.
- Expect others to be comfortable with a free-flowing, open-ended approach.
- Promise more than is reasonable or possible.
- Encourage change for change's sake.
- Lose track of the details in their enthusiasm for the big picture.
- Are overly optimistic.
Well, I may be some of the first set, but I know I'm guilty of all of the second set. It's important to be self aware. At least as much as possible (an ongoing venture). Do you know who you are? What your tendencies are? Your cycles and patterns?